Monday, January 2, 2012

Making Monday

Hello, m'dears. Another oddly warm-ish day in January and I'm still sipping on my McDonald's hot chocolate. Because they are lovely and it should be lovely and cold outside. Though, I hear we should be expecting a nice frosting and perhaps a good snow this week. One can only hope.
Meanwhile, on this warm-ish Monday, I'll be starting up my new "Making Monday". Just something to help me stay motivated and help me cross one thing off of my list.
#7: Make something new (craft, paint, etc.) at least three times a week. ---A pretty reasonable thing, I think.
This week, I've been working a good bit on my designs for the blog, etsy, and some of the other bits of interwebbing that I play with. But I also did some little doodles for possible Holiday cards for next year.


And then this little Darling Deer, whom I actually rather adore. I've actually, and quite suddenly, I might add, fallen completely in love with deer. Not really sure what it is, but for the time being, just assume you'll be seeing a good bit of deer themed things when you visit this little blog. :] 
But anyway, I also wanted to include some beautiful little things that are really inspiring me right now for things I eventually want to make. 

This because I'm desperately wanting to make a pie filled with the yummiest of berries. And maybe a smoothie on the side. And of course, some on my fingers so I can just gobble them up. 

This. Have you seen this? I want to make this so badly it almost hurts me. I love the kitschy feel to it and I cannot imagine a better piece of beauty on the door to my bedroom. I just can't.
Which of course leads me to wonder and ask, what are you making?
Meanwhile, I am heading back to Nashville in a few days and need to start packing. Until next time, my lovelies.
OH, and PS: If anyone knows how to help this poor little gal out... I haven't the slightest idea how to make the posts shorter and less image heavy with that lovely little "read more" option... Help?

4 comments:

  1. Those holiday card ideas are to die for. AND I am loving deer too...I even painted one! http://initfortheloveblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/art-oh-deer-me.html

    I can help with the read more option...When you are writing a post you will see a little icon that looks like a torn piece of paper. Click it and it puts a break/read more option wherever your curser was.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness! Thank you! I'm going to go fix that now :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so when I am on your home page (not this individual post page) and click the older post link in bottom right it thinks I am trying to tweet about it and takes me to a twitter page. Strangeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that now. I'm contacting the lovely folks who supplied the template. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie