Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"There's No Blender in the Grave"

Quite some time ago, I read an article about an artist I really admire, Rebecca Green. And she said something in it that has really impacted my life. Even now, I'm still using it. 
 In the interview, she was asked:
      “What is your 2011 summer motto?"
And her response:
        ”There’s no blender in the grave.
    This is connected to the idea of doing things rather than talking about them. I always want to make fruit    smoothies inthe morning, get lazy and have cereal. The other morning, I looked in the cabinet and yelled, “There’s no blender in the grave! Damn it, I am making a fruit smoothie!” It just sort of picked up, and my boyfriend and I interchange words for the blender. I’ve had two fruit smoothies in the past four days. I’m turning over a new leaf.” 

And she's right. I constantly find myself thinking "oh, maybe later..." or "next time". But there aren't next-times and maybe-laters in the grave. And so for the past 6 months, I've really tried to adapt this into my life. And so far, I think I've done pretty well. It has encouraged me to live in the moment and to "seize the day" as it were.

Anyway, with so many people talking about inspiration and things to help motivate them this year, I wanted to share what motivates and inspires me. Now what about you? What's inspiring and motivating you this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie