Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tried This Tuesday

This week, I've tried quite a few new things that I felt were worth sharing. Especially these new heat-embossing powders I've found. Now, I'm new the entire practice of heat-embossing, but I do it so frequently at work that it was bound to be something that I ended up picking up  for my own, personal projects. But with being so new, I'm not incredibly familiar with the different kinds of powders. I've tried quite a few that I hated and quite a few that were lovely. Luckily, these fall to the latter group.
While making these journals, I decided to start carving stamps again. (Which is something I love doing, almost insanely so.) And from there, it was a simple step to start playing with the new powders. I think my favorite thing about this particular brand, would be the vivid color. Most of the powders I use at work, and own, myself, are rather dull in color. At the very most, I use a clear powder over a beautiful ink. But these come in quite a few different colors and are spot on for looking exactly like they do in the bottle compared against the final project (something I've had troubles with in the past.)
Which, of course, makes me want to know what everyone else uses and what you're using this process for?

Meanwhile, one of my dearest friends, my mom, and my sister and myself have decided to make a pact. Like many people around this time of year, we are going to be starting a "diet" and exercise routine. Now, I put that in quotations simply because I don't believe in diets. I believe in changes to your life. But, that aside, unlike others who all seem to be hung up in all of these really expensive programs and rather unhealthy "diet plans", we've decided to be healthy for cheap. (Because honestly, three of us are paying for college, hah.)
So far, the best way we've found is using one of Jillian Michaels' work out tapes (yes, she's rather scary) and the Lose It! app available for both Droid and the iPhone.
I like it because it lets me keep track of the things that matter to me (the default setting is for counting calories but it counts quite a few other things, as well.), my exercise/activity levels, and how I'm doing for my end goal on the go. It even allows you to scan in the foods with your phone's camera, so you don't have to pause your day to search things or to add up points, etc.
Anyway, I digress. What are you guys using for your healthy goals? Anyone know of any lovely recipes they'd like to share? Maybe I'll do a post on healthy, yummy foods soon :]

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Zing embossing powder. I'm going to have to look into it. I normally use Recollections or another brand, which I can't think of at the moment. And for a delicious recipe, try Easy Penne Pasta with Zucchini and Basil Pesto (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/09/recipe-for-easy-penne-pasta-with.html) It's delicious! And I'm making it tomorrow night :)

    chaseallyourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I want to try this but it sounds complicated...but those journals are so very adorable! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie