Monday, February 20, 2012

Making Monday

Good Monday, m'dears! I had a rather lovely, long weekend. Which means, I watched quite a few films (mostly children's ones--they're my favorite) and when I wasn't working on homework, I was off doodling and noodling on some new ideas. (That sounds cheesy >.<)
But anyway, here are a couple drawings I did this weekend.
This one is actually a smarty-pants response to a conversation I had with my mother. I hadn't any idea what I wanted to draw, just that I wanted to draw. When I talked to her about it, she responded with, " bunnies, squirrels, and flowers, the easter bunny, gnomes, and mushrooms." She had meant separately, I'm sure. But the sassy bit of me couldn't do it. I wanted to stick most of them right into once piece. So, here you go, Mom. Hope you like it! ;) ---Done with ball point pen and color added digitally. 

Then there is this gentleman:

He too, is done with ballpoint pen, but I decided to break out my watercolor brushes for this one.
The first layer of color.

And then of course, I forgot to take pictures of all the other layers, but here he is, finished. But after talking to a friend about him, I've discovered that this is the man I'd like to marry. So to anyone who knows this gentleman, or if you, good sir, read this blog, let's get married?
What'd you make this week, folks?

4 comments:

  1. Oh you know that I love, love, love it! I also think you should hand over this to your Mom, and then promptly add cards and prints of this to your little shop.
    As to the future Mr., well he is quite lovely too, and I'll be on the lookout for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, put watermarks on this stuff...I want to pin it, but you need to mark it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gnome and mushrooms piece! And that man is very mysterious. If i see him in person, i'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're so talented! The bunny and squirrel are super cute.

    http://my-own-treasurechest.blogspot.com/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie