Monday, May 21, 2012

Good Morning!

Good morning, all of you beautiful folks! I've had entire too little sleep and one too many shots of espresso in my coffee this morning. 'Why?' you might ask? Well, simply because my sister and I are going on a road trip today!
She just graduated high school & is getting ready to start her first year of college (man, that makes me feel old.) and so things are about to get hectic around here. 
But in order to celebrate, my parents and I decided to give Trintge (my sister) a road trip. Like a real one. (And I say that because I'm pretty sure besides some overnight ones as a small child, I don't think we've ever been on a road trip. Yes, we've driven to a destination, but never a road trip.
And the best part? She has no idea where we are going! :D I've made us both little road trip books that include road-trip inspiration, a packing list, the weather forecast for each place, and other little helpful bits. & Of course, for each new place, I've made "hints" for her to try and guess where we are going next.
Overall, I'm an awesome sister. ;)


I left them pretty blank (with a zillion blank pages too) so we can decorate & add our own stuff. Mainly because our styles are quite a bit different. 


A little pocket for stuff & a REALLY old photo of us. I think we're like 6 & 7 here. 


This week's weather for all the different places we're going. Some days, the morning is in one city & the evening in another. 


Heh, yes, I made road trip rules. 


Hint #1 & my book already has a few photos in it. 


Me & my family being silly at my sister's graduation party. 

But anyway, if you're interested in  how our trip is going, I'll try and post on here every day this week, but you can always check out my twitter & my instagram for more updates. 

6 comments:

  1. Aww, this is such a lovely thing to do! Hope you have a fabulous time!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness! This is the most amazing idea ever. Can i be your sister too? Hehe....such an awesome idea, and a cute little book! I'm sure you ladies are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pretty much the coolest sister ever, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! this is the most awesome pressie ever! SO thoughtful! It looks brilliant! So much fun, the book is so well made! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww this is incredible!! such a brilliant and cute idea for your lido sis!! she will adore this and make sure you keep us posted about all ur trips as id love to read about it!!!

    i studied graphics at uni and i love making books myself! haha check it out... i made this pop up book 3 days ago , my sister found your blog and sent it to me as she knew id love it lol

    http://lealeaho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/pop-pop-poppin.html
    have a lovely week my dear!

    LeaLea
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I LOOOVE this!!! So so sweet and FUN! Have LOTS of fun! Can't wait to read/see more!

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie