Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to all of those wonderful women out there! & To anyone who isn't a mother, don't forget to:

But anyway, this is Cerri Campbell. She's my momma.
And without trying to make this the sappiest post you'll ever read, I just want to take a few moments of your time and tell you a bit about this woman. 
She's like your mom, I'm sure. She has those qualities any good mother possesses. She's pretty, she's kind, she puts her children first, she gives the best hugs. And she's always good for a laugh. However, my mom is different than a lot of mothers. 
  • When I told her I wanted to go to art school, instead of fighting me on it and wanting me to get a "real" degree like so many of my friend's parents said, she excitedly told me to go for it. 
  • She persuaded me to get my nose pierced on my 16th birthday. 
  • She made me a deal that every semester I get all A's and B's in college, she'd pay for a new tattoo. 
  • She has an entire portion of our house dedicated to crafting.
  • She lets me watch all the "nerdy" shows I want when I come home. With only mild complaint. ;)
  • She knows exactly what I need when I need it. Even if it's space and to not be asked  questions. 
  • She took her childhood dream of owning her own store and made it a reality. 
  • She's been featured in craft magazines and on craft blogs. 
  • She's got the best laugh. 
  • And more times than I would ever like remember, she's given up or sacrificed so much for my sister and me. And honestly, I'm not sure how you ever repay something like that. 
I'm not saying my mother is better than any of yours, but I am saying that even though she can't ever reach anything up high, and even though she's not a gourmet cook, and even though she watches horrible tv shows like Jersey Shore, I wouldn't change her for the world.

I love you to the moon and back, Momma. & Here's my promise to you:

Happy Mother's day!






1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post :) Your mum is amazing, my mum also convinced me to get my ears done.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie