Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello Monday: Hello Flawless

Hello, my darlings! I'm sorry I've been missing in action this past week. I had gone to Nashville & forgot to put posts on a schedule. But I'm back now & I'm excited to share a new little Monday series with you all. For the next couple weeks, Mondays will feature different types of makeup related posts.
This week's post is just a product review of one of my favorite foundations ever. It's Hello Flawless by Benefit. 
Now normally, I buy what my mother refers as "really cheap makeup". I've always been of the opinion that if it works well, why do I need to pay $50+ for something I can get for under $20? And I feel the same about my foundation normally. But around Christmas time, my mom bought me this foundation by Benefit that I've just completely fallen in love with. It's $34, which is a bit out of my normal willingness to spend on makeup level, but YOU GUYS. 
The bottle on the left, I've used every day since Christmas & I just NOW had to replace it. So, to me, that's worth it. ---And yes, of course I have to use the lightest one they make, heh. 
It's a light-to-medium coverage, that goes on smoothly and covers wonderfully. I'm not a huge fan of tons of makeup, and this still covers, but doesn't make my skin feel heavy, you know? Also, it really matches my skin tone. You can use a brush or just your fingers to apply, but I use a little sponge, so that way there aren't any lines. 
It's oil free, which is wonderful for my skin & it has UBV & UBA filters. Because let's face it, folks. I'm super pale and the sun is out to kill me. 
The only downside to it, really, would be it's staying power. It rubs off onto my phone, and by then end of the day, I need to add a bit more. But I'm ok with that, just because otherwise it's awesome. 
So what do you guys use? Do we have any other folks having to use the lightest of light foundations? 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Zie, I am following your nice blog very closely.. I want to use hello flawless If I can find. I refered your blog post What's in my bag. I wrote your blog address in my blog post today..
    Happy days..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really need to try this! I am desperate to find a good foundation! Thanks :)

    Angela @ The Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually the beige colour! I currently use Rimmel which is fine, but I'm on the lookout for something PERFECT, you know?
    I'll have to see if I can find this in the Netherlands, thanks for the share

    xo
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lovely! I use cheapo makeup too but I have to splurge for Benefit's Erase Paste because I have such terrible undereye circles, they are a really wonderful brand! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie