Friday, June 29, 2012

Illustration Friday: Gnomeo

Thank all that is holy and sweet in this world that it is Friday. Hah, yes, it's been one of those weeks. But anyway, I'm popping in to share a little something with you.


This is Gnomeo. He's one of my favorite little guys I've ever doodled. Not really sure why, but I just love him. But I've gotten quite a few questions lately about what my favorite method of illustration/doodling is. And while I think that changes (at least a bit) every so often, I can say that at least some parts are the same. 
I'm a huge fan of the "hand-touched" element. And yes, it's been a little while since I've put actual pen to actual paper (often going for my tablet and tablet pen instead)... there is nothing that will ever be as wonderful as the feeling of pen and paper. 
And I think that's why I love this little guy so much. He was just a little doodle I did in ball-point pen in my sketchbook that I scanned and colored digitally. Which is probably my favorite method right now. 
You still get the wonderful feeling of pen and paper, but you get to play around with colors and textures digitally. I love it! 
But what about you guys? What's your favorite way to do what you do? (Whether it be drawing, or painting, or crafting, or cooking, or whatever?) 


8 comments:

  1. I love your art! You are so amazing, Miss Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is WONDERFUL! :) I like to draw on paper and then colour etc digitally but just recently I got a Bamboo tablet and I am still trying to get to grips with it, so for now, paper stays... but that may change. Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since you first posted this little guy I've loved it! For me its defiantly pencil to paper then watercolour.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy crap Zie I love your work. This is amazing! xo

    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is so sweet! u have such great talent! I love coming here! Always makes me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so incredibly talented! To tell you the truth, I wish I had artistic talent, but I'm more of a baker/piano player - though, I suppose that's an art all it's own. So, what I really mean is I wish I could put pen to paper like you do.

    -g.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little guy too. I want him as a tattoo!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie