Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's in My: Smashbook

Hello, my darlings. How are you today?  It's Wednesday so I'm just trying to make it through to the rest of the week. But anyway, I've been having so much fun lately playing with paper, that I thought I might share a small bit of my Smashbook with you guys.
I've decorated the front & painted over the horrid bright pink that was the spine. I lightly brushed on some gesso, so there was just a little bit of pink still peeking out. & Then I've put a ton of book plates in the front (because I'm silly and I love them). 
Here's one of my first pages I've ever put together. There's not a lot going on, but I wanted to show how simple isn't always bad. I know for myself, that when I used to see people scrapbook or anything like that, that I always got really overwhelmed. Their pages are always super developed and have so many layers, etc. And I suppose that's why it's taken me so long to get into this stuff. I was just too intimidated. (That & the cost of keeping up with scrapbooking vs. Smashbooking! Oh, wow! Oh, wow!)
So that's why I'm showing this page. It's simple & quick. But it still inspires me without all the fuss. I just printed out some images that really inspired me that day. Cut them out, glued a couple in & used tape for the rest. Very quick & cost basically nothing.
But I'm curious what other people use for their paper crafting? Do you scrap or smash? :]

6 comments:

  1. i just purchased a smashbook which arrived yesterday. I've already filled about 5 pages :-S I had various books/boxes of memories so i've just put them all in the one book now, including the pages from a book that some of my friends signed for my 19th birthday (7 years ago!) I'm loving it!

    Linsay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zie, This is a real art I think.. I can't do it, It is so hard. You make good combinations of pics and colors..
    By the way, Ooo Ooo I see your red polka dots nails in the last photo..:)) So so beautifull.. I want that nail polish..:)) lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! I've been putting together an inspiration binder for my blogging with ideas I have and pictures I love, this may be a better idea!!

    Also wanted to thank you for your post about Picmonkey! I'd been looking for a sire to make new buttons and edit photos on!! I'm honestly the worst at it all...it's a goal in my move this month to make my blog look for professional and I am still learning! Any tips??

    Fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get into scrapbooking, I have tons of old magazines etc, I just don't know how to get started. This looks lovely though!


    PS: gave you the lovely blog award on my blog!

    xo
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I totally want to make my own smashbook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST bought myself a SMASH book! I was so excited about it! However I have yet to use it and don't really know what I'm going to do with it, but when I figure that out it will be awesome! I have a feeling my "It's Paper Dear" box will help inspire me a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie