Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What's in My: Embroidery Box

Happy 4th of July, my sweets! Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Filled with grilling out, friends, family, and fireworks! But on this wonderful day, I have some sad news... as it's been so hot (107ยบ this week!) pretty much every city around us has banned fireworks. And further still, it's too hot to grill out & all of our friends and family are scattered right now. :/ So our 4th of July celebrations are kind of canceled. 

So in order to distract myself from still being kind of enormously bummed out, I'm embroidering and crafting all day.  I wanted to share a little snippet of what's in my embroidery box. 
Mom keeps telling me that I'm "granny-chic" and apparently this is a prime example. I don't even remember where I got the box, just that I love it. It's great for traveling and as it's so deep & I don't have that many supplies that go in it, I can always pack a book or magazine in it too :]
The hint of a piece you see is just an abstract bit I'm playing with. I haven't embroidered in so long that I wanted to just make a mess of it & make a pretty nothing. And as for the pretty fabric flowers, I'll eventually add them to the piece as well. I think.

What are your plans for the 4th? And what do you carry your crafting bits in when on the go?




6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Zie! That's awesome! (This sounds terribly crass, which - I won't lie - totally cracks me up...) I love your (EMBROIDERY) box!

    In all seriousness - it really is totally awesome and freaking beautiful. Craft supplies and craft supply spaces make me wish I was crafty (in the glitter and glue sense, naturally). :) Very cool post.

    (No plans for the 4th. Well. A 3-Day Novel Contest meeting and then a dinner date, but I'm Canadian so it's a different kind of celebrating. Have a wonderful holiday! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how super gorgeous! Granny chic indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your box its so pretty have a great 4th of july xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really pretty box! Hooray for granny chic!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you have so many pretties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'granny chic'! and yes that box is very gorgeous!

    x

    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie