Friday, August 17, 2012

Illustration Friday: ...And Terror Possessed Me Then

Hello everyone! I was so excited to meet all you yesterday :} Thank you for sharing! You alway brighten my day :} 
Meanwhile, for this Illustration Friday, I wanted to share something I found this week while moving. REALLY old work, I think from early 2010/late 2009.
I loved working in black and white or very little color. Mixing pen & ink with watercolor washes, etc. I also loved working with melancholic characters and creepy themes. The one above I think was titled "no one loves a little devil." & Honestly he's probably one of my favorite pieces I ever made... even now. 
And then these. "And terror possessed me then..." & "Karma is not a kitty." These were so much fun to make. I'm heavily considering revisiting this style & these themes for a little while. But we'll see.
Meanwhile, what about you guys? Do you have anything from a few years ago? What has changed for you since 2009/2010?

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, these are absolutely beautiful! Really stunning!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are brilliant! The devil is such a lil cutie. Recently, I found my old sketch books and found a drawing of a clay head I made. Probably the best thing I've drawn.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! They have such a Tim Burton feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely different from what I'm used to seeing from you, but I really do love it. I am in love with that kitty. it's cute but so haunting!


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove these illustrations! They're pretty and creepy at the same time. I just watched 'Coraline' and they definitely remind me of Tim Burton's figures.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie