Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Paper Sparrow!

Hello there, my sweet ones! How are you doing on this fine day? I'm still trying to get unpacked & I'm still trying to get adjusted back into RA schedules. But anyway, I wanted to share something lovely with you today. Over the next two weeks, I'll be sharing the lovely August It's Paper Dear sponsors, as well as the big reveal of what little lovely things ended up in August's box. Are you excited? Because I am. :} 

Today: Meet the lovely Paper Sparrow!
shop | facebook | blog

 What inspires your work?
"Music is often my primary source of artistic inspiration.  I know that might sound a bit strange when talking about art, but I find there is a special relationship between a visual image and music that creates a bond for me--particularly music of my childhood continues to crop up in pieces that I am working on.  Natural places in the city are also spots to revive my creativity; there is a juxtaposition of the urban landscape with vast parks in New York City that I have not experienced anywhere else." 
shop | facebook | blog

How would you describe your creative process? 
"There are usually many projects in different stages of completion at all times.  I like to work around self-imposed themes and media in order to create some coherency within disparate elements.  I usually try to imagine a small collection of pieces before I begin working, so that, once they are released, the visual style of Paper-Sparrow is not too varied.  I often sketch an idea many times or re-work a painting that I feel does not represent where I want to be as an artist and illustrator." 
shop | facebook | blog

What motivates you to keep going as a small business?
"The customers who stop by my shop, give such generous feedback, and continue to support my work keeps me motivated.  Even though my style has evolved and I can get obsessed with a particular theme at times, everyone who has shared in my creative process through patronage or commenting has been invaluable; their support has bolstered me in times where I have had doubts or worries."

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this cute little shop. I mean, you guys. Look at this stuff. I adore the little couples & basically put a dashing little animal in some dashing little clothes... just yes. Love it. So pop on over & see all the lovely things yourself! :} 

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i LOVE this so much! I'll definitely be getting some things from their shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such adorable greeting cards! i know where i'm shopping next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cats! omg, so cute.


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie