Sunday, August 12, 2012

Smashed: Bree

Hello Darling Dear followers! My name is Bree, I blog over at The Thing About Joy! You may have seen me on here before showing off my office space. If not, let me tell you a little bit about me…
Other than blogging, my hobbies are art journaling, photography, graphic design, and any other craft you can imagine! My office is always in chaos with 5 different things I am working on. My poor husband. He has gotten used to it. Well.. he tolerates it. Lets put it that way. :)) I am a 23 year old Graphic Design student, newly wed, big sister to 3 siblings, and someone that does not fit in any mold. Unique. :) I don’t try to fit in with any crowd, but I get along with just about everyone. Close friends are hard to come by, and family is everything to me.
So if you’d like to read more about me and my crazy life, I’d love to have you check out my blog! Again, it’s The Thing About Joy, and if you come, let me know you can from my lovely friend Zie’s blog! Zie, I am sooo honored you asked me to share my art journal with your readers! I hope your moving is going smoothly and I can’t wait to see how you decorate!!
The art journal I have been spending the most time on recently is my “Play That Song” art journal. You may have heard Zie talking about the class we’re taking online with Kara! <3 I say that journal because I do have… several. :)) I have a Smash Book, a Workout Inspiration journal, and just a sketch/art journal. . . told you I have way too many projects!
Here is the opening page to my "Play That Song" art journal. I painted the front cover page with acrylic paint and then used modge podge, glitter, and then more paint and extra paper for accents. Then the page on the right I cut out an image from a magazine of a girl playing a trumpet, a paper doily that I painted yellow, and that super cute music word that I found online and printed. 

 This is my lovey dovey page! Filled with handwritten lyrics from love songs, painted items with acrylics and watercolor pencils, a picture of me and my love, and a cutesy kiddy drawing of my husband and I. 

 For me, when art journaling you can't mess up. Just keep adding items, if you don't like how it looks you can always paint or glue something over it! So if you have been wanting to start but feel intimidated by the beautiful art journals we see all over the Internet- don't be!! It's only for you, and an outlet for you to let your creativity loose! Just grab a composition notebook and some pens and get going, because really, that's all you need! :)) 

 Happy Sunday everyone! Again Zie, thank you darling. I hope I was able to inspire someone by sharing a little bit of my creativity. 
-------
Thank you, Bree! She's such a sweet thing :} & This is such a cute journal! Thank you for sharing! Also, a little update on the move... I'm in, but don't have internet yet. I also am still trying to get everything unpacked. But I'm going to try and share some pictures tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that! But thanks again, Bree! :}

2 comments:

  1. I love this! How beautiful and inspiring - thanks for sharing with us, Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie