Sunday, November 18, 2012

Design Inspiration: Neon

Hello, my sweetest darlings! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :} Mine is going quite well. I've gotten a bunch done and yet still have had some time to relax just a bit. Very lovely, indeed. :} Meanwhile, today I'd like to share a little something that is suddenly inspiring me quite a bit... Neon. 

A few months ago, I hated anything to do with neon. It hurt my eyes and made me profoundly uncomfortable. However, my tastes and therefore what inspires me has rapidly been changing over the past months. I wouldn't go so far as to say I love neon, as it still has the capability of hurting my eyes and can be a bit overwhelming. But when partnered with clean lines, and a good amount of white space or warmer, less saturated colors, I quite like it. Though, I still haven't figured out how to work the bright neon colors into my own work. Does anyone have any tips or know of a designer or artist that successfully works neon into their pieces? And how do you feel about neon? Love it? Hate it? Don't have any particular strong feelings towards it? And what is inspiring you right now? 
I hope you have a fabulous rest of your day, my sweetlings. xo,

3 comments:

  1. I tend to like neon. When used right at least;)
    These pictures are lovely. It sure brightens up an envelope!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. bright colors are so inspiring, especially on a winters day :) xx

    rrecommends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love neon colours when it's not overwhelming. Recently I noticed some business cards that had neon colours on the edges. It was a great way to give the cards that extra oomph!

    P.S I love your work & your blog!!

    pocketmoss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie