Friday, January 11, 2013

tea time with ma

One of the things I really wanted to do this year, was take at least one day a week to completely unplug from the computer. As a full time student and small business owner, I spend a disgustingly huge part of my time in front of one and I feel like I might be missing out on other things. So, over the past two weeks, I've given this unplugged thing a go.
Now, I'll admit, it's actually really hard not to get on (especially with my phone so easily in reach), but I did a pretty good job of it yesterday. And I'm so glad, because Ma and I got to go have tea at this lovely little joint in Knoxville. Which, was quite yummy, I'll say! We each got our own little pot of tea. (I got English Breakfast, of course. & She got Chai.) & then we both got the quiche, broccoli cheese soup, and hands down the best bread pudding I've ever had. And so of course, we both agreed that we should always have a tea-time during the week and that next time I go home for a visit we'll try all the tea houses around town. :3
And then after tea, we went to this vintage treasure shop and found lots of lovely, interesting things. & Yes, of course I bought the little pink duster I'm wearing. I can't wait to wear it all around my house, hehe. 
Anyway, thus far, I've really enjoyed the once a week thing & may even try for two days a week next month. But what about you guys? Have you tried unplugging for a day? What do you think would be the hardest part for you? Have a lovely day, dearlings, xo!

7 comments:

  1. A day a week! That sounds great but also terrifying. I want to try it out and I think I will once my schedule gets settled. I think it would be great for a little recharge time -- but also require a lot of planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really love getting unplugged for at least a week. Haha it sounds like I'm a robot. But, in all seriousness I'd really love to, but it's kind of impossible seeing as most of my school stuff is all done online. Maybe I'll try it out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I have a vintage bed jacket too! They're so cute!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love little vintage shops like these! The sound of an unplugged day sounds amazing but I'm afraid I have too many uni deadlines. I am jealous! The soup looks delicious.

    Just Smile.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sounds like such a lovely time! I would devour everything! And I have not yet been unable to disconnect myself from my phone or computer. I really can't because of the nature of my job, but it would be nice to see if I could! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I unplugged the pc for 3 months! Once I was out of the spectrum, the reasons for logging back in seemed less important than what I was actually doing! Broken laptop added to that massively though. Look how you've come back though. I love the look and placement of this blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its such a good idea to leave a day away from the computer, and I think I may actually give this one a go! Glad you had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie