Thursday, February 28, 2013

beauty of a rainy day

Today, I'd like to share a something slightly different: traveling. More specifically the beauty of a rainy day.
A few years ago, I was lucky enough to get to visit Ireland and Wales for a short time and while I'm from Nashville, TN, and so quite used to rain, I was struck with the beauty of a rainy day there. Maybe it is one of those things that "the grass is always greener..." but it was so beautiful there that I didn't mind the constant rain & dark skies. In fact, I can't think of a more beautiful or peaceful thing then the rain of Ireland and Wales.
The colors were so thick; the smell so inviting. I often find myself wishing on rainy days here, that I was back there. Even the squishing of my boots in the mud and the way my hair curled so mightily that I couldn't even get a comb through it. I miss it all & cannot wait to go back. But what about you, dearlings? Have you ever fallen in love with the rain? Or a place? I hope you have a wonderful day, xo! 
 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm from Wales and there's nothing quite like taking a drive to the country side when it rains. It's so peaceful but then again I'm a bit biased and love it no matter what the weather! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wales :)

    http://sian-e-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour scheme of these photo. Beautiful rainy day truly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to the sound of heavy rain ^_^ But, being from the north of England, we do get rather a lot of it!
    Alex-Rose xx
    rainingcakeandcookies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are truly beautiful! You can see forever in them. I hope you get to go back soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zie this is gorgeous! I LOVE the rain and I love your capturing of it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie