Wednesday, March 20, 2013

rosy cheeks

In my anthropology class, we often talk about the "imponderabilia of daily life" and I'm fascinated by that idea. It's talking about the small, inconsequential things we do and consume and collect that make up our lives but have very little place in our daily thoughts. Which since starting this class and this project, I've become quite focused and attached to this idea. So I've been quietly collecting pretty details lately. 
The lace of my dress; the scuffs on my boots; the way light moves around a little glass figure; the blush of a rose; pretty words written years ago. And I'm becoming quite pleased with this little collection of mine. There's something lovely about clutching these things to you quietly, simply looking. 
I'm so pleased in fact, that I bought a new sketchbook today to document these little details and I can't wait to start sharing them with you.
I'm fascinated by these soft ideas and this little collection, that started off as an experiment, has really started to change how I look at things, how I feel about things. Everything seems to matter more when you realize how beautiful it is. So I'd like to see if anyone would like to start documenting these things with me? I would love to compare and swap these little collections with others.  
Meanwhile, in other exciting news, congrats to the winner of my little giveaway! I'll be sending an email shortly, yay! Thank you everyone else who entered and played along with me. And if you didn't win, don't worry, I have a feeling there will be quite a few more opportunities coming our way, so stay tuned! :]
Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day, xo! 
 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea! I think sometimes we can get so preoccupied with our lives that you miss the little things in the everyday and what a pretty world we live in, so I'm going to start taking some snaps too :-) Will be so lovely to collect them all in a scrapbook - thanks for sharing
    Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are gorgeous :)


    http://shinebrightx18.blogspot.co.uk/ - lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the closing part :) I care for such info
    a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a very long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    Feel free to visit my web site: Aquarium Store

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUEE I'm so so excited!! :D :D :D

    Meanwhile, what a gorgeous project! Can't wait to see your sketches <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece of writing is in fact a pleasant one it helps new
    the web people, who are wishing for blogging.

    Here is my weblog; globallysocial.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely concept! I've never heard it explained like that before, and it's so interesting to think of all of those trinkets I myself have in that light :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie