Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Obsessed with Evernote: Part One


Evernote is one of those things that I honestly cant remember how I ever lived without it. As a small business owner, student, blogger, and avid collector of ideas and nonsense, I'm pretty sure that Evernote was designed specifically for me. Pretty sure. 
I've been using Evernote for months now, and I'm happy to say that I'm constantly discovering new ways to help me with all aspects of my life. 
For instance, this post sat in a folder in my evernote "blog posts" for a few days while I slowly typed it up when I had time. 
And I quite recently figured out a method of organising my subscription box service, Its Paper Dear, in a way that is helping streamline production and better enable me to get back on track and plan ahead. 
Evernote is also where I store quick notes for books I wanna write, projects I wanna work on & notes and sketches for clients. In fact, everything about a client and their project gets a new notebook so I can easily share it all with them, but also know where everything is at all times. 
And I am really excited to say, that because of Evernote, every facet of my business is headed toward a paperless approach. Yay! 


But Evernote isnt just for blogging and business. When I first got Napoleon and we went to the vet, all the info they gave me (including the number to the emergency animal clinic they recommend) was in this nice folder. And I thought, one day I might need this faster than I can find that folder. (Because lets be homest here, folks. I am the worst at losing things.) And literally last week, I had to give them a call. But because I tagged that number and card as "emergency" "vet" & "kitty" i found what I needed immediately and got in contact with who I needed to. (Side note, kitty is fine! False alarm and an overly junpy cat-mommy tehe) 

I am also an avid reader of the Evernote blog and subscriber to their emails so I make sure I'm constantly on top of the latest updates and ideas coming out of Evernote & for Evernote. Especially as Evernote as a platform is limitless and honestly can be a bit overwhelming. 
Which, all sounds highly obsessive and quite silly, Im sure. But I am serious, guys, Evernote is slowly changing my life. Haha

  
And because I love it so much and it is helping me so much, I thought I would do a series on how I use Evernote. Because if nothing else, I wish someone else would so I could see and use new methods. So tune back in for how I plan a business, blog posts, etc.
Are any of you on Evernote? What do you use it for? Are you on//use something similar? Let me know & I'll try and share on the next Evernote update :} 

All opinions are my own and I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Evernote. Im just a fan hehe 

 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I'm madly in love with Evernote. Funny enough though, I didn't start out with such a strong love of it. But once I found my groove I became absolutely attached. Maybe I'll do a little post/series on how I use it, because I know hearing others' methods surely helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this review! I'm always looking for ways to stay better organized. I have the Evernote app on my phone but never got into using it. I'll be sure to check it out on my computer so I can get a better idea of how it works. I love Uppercase and Modcloth. Those are great examples of businesses who use this tool. I've only tried Behance's app for task organization. It's good but I just couldn't stick with it. I'll check back to see your next Evernote post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using evernote for a while, but didn't really think so much of it and lately I've been using more and more and reading the evernote blog and now I love it so much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeeeees, Evernote! <3 I'm the worst at actually using it though, so I'm super excited to see how you do it! I'm terrible at sticking to ONE thing to have my notes in ^_^;

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie