Monday, July 29, 2013

Still & Quiet

With everything that's been happening the last few months, how busy I've been, how quickly things have moved and just how little time I've taken to stop. Sit still. And breathe. I finally took that time yesterday. It was pleasant. I sat, quietly at my desk and turned everything off. No music, no phone, no 5,000 aps running with endless information and noise. Perhaps pleasant isn't a true enough word. Breathtaking. I wrote in my journal for what seemed like hours, filling page after page after page. 
I've got a lot on my mind lately & I am battling a constant state of panic and anxiety. So the act of letting it all go was quite needed.
Have you taken time to be still & quiet lately? 


 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post!!
    I've been wanting to journal/scrapbook more and take more time out to just be still and not worry so much about the world around (+ things I have no control over!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you are battling so much anxiety and panic lately.

    But, I am very glad you took time to turn off the noise and be still, enjoy quiet, and spill ink to your journal.

    I took some much needed time of quiet this morning. Time of stillness, journal writing, prayer, and rest. It is truly breathtaking when we slow down and turn of some of the noise in the midst of an incredibly loud and busy world.

    Isn't it so wonderful to be able to sit and fill lines upon lines and pages upon pages with words? It is a grand way to process and also gives the ability to go back and clearly reflect when we need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean dear! I've been incredibly tempted to just take a week and completely unplug myself. (no computer, phone, tv, etc.) I'm unsure how I'd be able to manage though, I've gotten so used to being wrapped up in this technological world and can't seem to find my way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm always pleased to know you're writing, whether it's stories or in your journal.
    My heart aches a bit to know you are so anxious though...
    love, Mom
    (lovely photo, too)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie