Friday, September 27, 2013

Betty White & the Pink Desk


I promise I've not always liked pink. Ask my mother. She'll tell you that there were years and years that went by where I though pink was the most disgusting thing on the planet. I'm not sure what happened to me, but these are just a few of the pink things on my desk alone. A vintage clock, markers and pens, nail polish, screen cleaner pad, sticky-notes, Napoleon (as made my one of my sweet kids from camp this summer), my sketchbook & of course, Betty (a gift from a friend). 
Betty is one of those things I make sure is always by my desk, just because when I get stressed, one look at her and I feel like she's mocking my dramatic-stress-induced-moping-fest. & That always cheers me up. I adore Betty. 
And she's exactly what I need this week. Between all of my classes adding more and larger projects by the second, to work, to trying to run Darling Dear & getting It's Paper Dear boxes out, to trying to get ready for the Handmade & Bound show next week, to my laptop finally completely dying yesterday... well, I'm at my end, honestly. 
But I look at Betty, allow her to mock me & remember that she's one of those bad-ass babes that never gives up. So here's to hoping that one day someone screen prints my face onto their wall to help motivate them to never give up, even when everything feels like too much. 
Who motivates you to keep going? Do you have something by your desk/workspace that inspires you? & Do you have any silly or odd color schemes taking over your life? 
Hope you're well, darlings! xo.

 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I used to hate the color pink, but now I can see a few pink items lurking into my life, pencils, wallets, sweaters, notebooks and so on and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens often jajaja, I never liked pink, and now look at me, love pastel colors
    great collection

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie