Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October's Lists: Fall Time Adventures

This week marked the first real reason to wear sweaters here in Nashville. We all bundled up in our sweaters and boots and had hot chocolates and coffees and started playing our Fall-time moodlists. We said things like "Oh, I'm cold!" with a huge smile and a general buzz of excitement. 
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and as such, I plan on celebrating every minute of it. I want to go on adventures and drink all the drinks and play all the songs and crunch all of the leaves. 

Playlist: + Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros (duh) + Love out of Lust by Lykke Li +The Ghost Inside by Broken Bells + Ain't No Reason by Brett Dennen + pretty much all of Ed Sheeran.
Movies: + Nightmare Before Christmas (duh) + Coraline +  Ferris Bueller's Day Off + Dead Poets Society. 
Books: + At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft + The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde.  
Adventures outside: + make a huge pile of leaves, jump into & make leaf-angels + take a walk through the city, get lost + buy a stranger a coffee + bonfire! 
Adventures inside: + build a fort & cuddle up and watch any or all of the films above + drink 5 different kinds of "Octoberfest" beers + carve a pumpkin & glitter another one + bake something from scratch + take a reallllllly long bath + host an amazing costume/dinner party 
Smells & Flavors: + pumpkin + cinnamon + pear + honey + nutmeg + baked things + chili + stews + coffee + hot chocolate + apple cider 
Sounds: + crunching + cracking + crinkling + crumbling + rustling + sniffling

But what about you, dears? What are you planning for October and Fall? I'd love to hear at least one song, one movie, one book, two adventures, one smell/flavor & one sound from each of you! I'd like to add them in there with my list :} 
Hope you are well, xo. 

 photo ziedarlingsign.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love these posts of yours!! I'm so happy that Fall has arrived!! (Today I even got to pull out a pair of tights!!! :)) Now I really want to build a fort!! And I can't wait to paint + glitter pumpkins!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the soundtrack AND the sounds aspect to this! Some of my favorite parts of fall (also, smells - bonfires, chilly days, and crunchy leaves!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for the pumpkin patch and corn maze. Love fall colors, the mild weather, sweaters, and the excitement of holiday planning. Oh, and of course chai tea. I especially love it this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie