Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Red Hair & Being Fabulous and On a Budget

 First of all, I HAVE RED HAIR. AHHHHHHH. My entire life I have had really dark brown hair. I've added some blonde here and there over the years, but for the most part, I've never done anything crazy to my hair. Ever. Enter: box hair color.
Yeah. BOX color. For $6, I got something that so far, I'm really happy with. And it sounds weird, but my hair actually feels healthier now? What.
But anyway, I'm finally going to start doing something to my hair now, so I'm looking for hair styles & things to do with medium length, thick, curly, RED hair, if anyone wants to send me some links? :}
(Also, side note, the bats in the background are part of the decorations for my party, yay!) 
Now, I want to talk to you guys about something that's really important to me: being fabulous. ;) 
No, but seriously, I love clothes. If I could, I'd never wear the same thing just because I'd have a new wardrobe every five minutes. I'm constantly finding new things I love and new styles I want to try. Sad thing is, I'm a broke college girl. Like real broke, heh.  
But I am constantly saving, pinning & ooing and awing over outfit ideas all over the web. I even have, like many of you, I'm sure, an entire board dedicated to fashion & beauty. Because let's face it, I'm not always as creative with my outfits as some of the other girls I see. 
Which is why I thought, why not actually try some of those ideas? I found this adorable outfit  by The Dainty Squid  that I've loved for a long while. And weirdly, I already owned really similar items. Not the exacts, of course, because she's quite a bit smaller then myself & I can't always shop where she does. But they're close in color and pattern. 
But I don't know if I would have thought to put these things together if not for finding style inspiration. But I'm glad I did, because I feel really pretty and girly in this and I know it'll become a regular outfit in my collection.
So what do you guys think? Do you have the same problems with being fabulous but on a budget? How do you work around it? What/who's your style inspiration right now?

8 comments:

  1. love the hair! careful with red though, it fades out super quick! but i'm sure you won't be as lazy as i am ;)

    such a cute look! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, your hair looks amazing! I'm a little bit stuck in a style rut at the moment, but I do love my smock dresses and love they can be dressed up or down <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how beautiful you look Zie!!! I mean...you are always beautiful...but whoza! New hair!! :) I love this red hue!! It looks simply smashing on you!! oh! and this outfit looks so beautiful + I love all the colors together!!
    PS You must do a home tour - I love all these little pieces on your wall!! I adore that little cameo!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always trying to gee-up my creative side but, unfortunately, she likes to stay pretty dormant! This is a gorgeous outfit on you, love the combo and it looks so pretty with your hair (which completely suits you and looks really natural!). If I had a better basics wardrobe I might be able to try out a few things so maybe that's something worth aiming towards...

    Tori
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute and pretty outfit, the hair looks fine and I am in love with your door, vamps rules :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the red hair! :)
    And I agree with Ms. Megan, you really should do a home tour. Your apt.is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Find really versatile pieces always works for me. I rework my loved items in other outfits to keep it fresh. Its to the point where my boyfriend asks me if I bought a new shirt or dress and then when I remind him he says "hey! cool!" :D I bargain shop like mad and try to keep a tight budget. If I don't love it I don't buy it. :]


    -Cece

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so cute! xo And I love your background, getting ready with the Halloween!

    Kisty Mea // The Style Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie