Friday, October 18, 2013

sick days with napoleon

Three days ago I was hospitalized with intense lower abdominal pain. I was at work and was complaining to my friend that my stomach was upset, and moments later I was on the ground. I actually thought I was going to die for a minute there. 
However, after spending the majority of the night in a drugged haze, going through test after test, turns out that while they aren't 100% sure what happened, it looks like a cyst on my ovaries ruptured & I also have an infection. I've been pretty poorly since coming home, and they gave me some pretty heavy-duty pain killers. ( Plus I have a really low tolerance for meds, so I'm extra loopy, hah.) 
But I've spent the last three days in and out of sleep & only really getting out of bed to eat and take more meds. 
Napoleon isn't too thrilled with what's going on. He likes to play & doesn't understand why mommy is sleeping so much, but he knows something's wrong because he keeps bringing me presents. Q-tips, foam hair rollers, paper bits, and his own toys (you know, the ones I bought him before he decided he'd rather play with trash heh). And he even keeps coming to check on me by sitting on my chest and putting his nose under mine. I think he's making sure I'm breathing. :) I love my little Nappy. 
But anyway, thank you everyone for your kind words & thoughts on instagram and twitter over the past few days. It means the world to have you guys always so supportive. I'll be attempting to get back into the swing of things this weekend, so bare with me if I'm a little slow to reply to emails and the like. Needing some ideas of what to do with myself while I'm still resting up, please? Movies or tv shows I need to watch? Things I need to do/eat/drink? xo.

9 comments:

  1. awww!! Napoleon is such a cutie!! I hope you feel better soon Zie!

    Something to drink// I love a nice big cup of tea/ hot chocolate best. oh! I actually just found a recipe this morning for a Pumpkin Spice Hot Toddy that sounds delicious!! If that sounds like something you'd enjoy here is the link:
    http://blog.lulus.com/guest-blogger/fall-spirits-pumpkin-spice-hot-toddy/

    Something to watch// When I don't feel well classics always make me feel better: An Affair to Remember, Pal Joey, Guys and Dolls, Breakfast at Tiffany's, If a Man Answers + Lover Come Back

    Feel better soon friend!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you watched the TV show Fringe? It's all on Netflix, I've only seen the first episode but I'm pretty drawn in :)

    If you can get your hands on the book Divergent that's a great, easy read that I LOVE.

    I'm glad you're home, I hope your recovery is quick!

    Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I hope you feel better soon! I keep watching a tonne of Modern Family reruns - that cheers me up any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is the New Black if you haven't seen it yet, and Netflix put last seasons New Girl and Parks and Rec up so those are always fun to re-watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how sweet of Napoleon. I hope your feeling better soon! Tea helps solve anything, and Netflix marathons of Firefly are pretty comforting too <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so so so so sorry. <3 I can imagine that'd be so scary. The only thing I had during work that was bad was food poisoning. Nearly passing out? I. can't. imagine. Napoleon is so loving, aw! Animals are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty kitty! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel Better soon !. your sure lucky to have a kitty like him ! :)
    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you aren't well, I've had a few ruptured cyst and I know how painful it can be and now long lasting the pain is. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    What a sweet lil kitten!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie