Friday, October 11, 2013

some good news & some bad news

Lately, I've been reading a lot of articles, blogs & books on trying to balance my life better and not feel like poo all the time. And I've found quite a few really inspiring (at least to me) ones that talk a lot about what all of what we are doing & managing & budgeting in, all of that give with little receiving is what's killing us/me. I'm constantly stressed and spread as thin as I can be. & Basically that all boils down to the fact that I'm working on all of these things, some I have to like school & my day jobs, and others I want to, like my blog and shop. And in all of that, the balance to what I love to work on & what I love to do is far less then what I have to do. Which brings us to my good and bad news. 
In July of last year, I opened a second section to my shop, It's Paper Dear. I know many of you have been a part of it from the beginning and even more of you have jumped in somewhere in the middle. It was something that was fun and amazing to watch grow. There've been some serious ups and downs, but overall it was a blast. & I want to thank everyone who has been a part of it for being so awesome. 
But that brings us to today. 
I'm in my senior year of college and there's a lot going on. I have quite an emotional post that I've been debating on sharing with you all for a while now, that I might talk about later, but between those personal matters going on & my workload, I have decided that it's time to put a rest to It's Paper Dear. 
I'm quite sad about this announcement but, I'll be honest, I'm quite relieved as well. This little adventure of mine has become something that is quite stressful and taxing on me. It takes up nearly all of my creative focus and leaves little to no time for the other adventures I'd like to have. & Frankly, as much as I'd like to say that all the negativity didn't get to me, it did. Three weeks out of every month is spent in a constant state of worry over the details, the production and the reaction to each box. 
And in the past few months, I've spent way too many tears over the process. 
But I know a lot of you will be wondering about the boxes already purchased for the rest of the year. Please do not worry, I will continue to send out the boxes & subscriptions that have already been purchased. But effective immediately, I will not be selling any new boxes or subscriptions. 
I may eventually revisit It's Paper Dear after I've finished with school, in another year, but for now, I'd like to lessen my workload for emotional and spiritual needs.
Now that being said, I'm sure what I'm about to say will be a bit confusing, heh. But while I'm closing It's Paper Dear, that doesn't mean I'll be shutting down any other part of Darling Dear. In fact, I think this will be the perfect time (after a little break, of course) to start throwing myself in to some of the other fun projects I've wanted to do for so long, but just didn't have time or energy. 
I also think it'll be helpful to me emotionally, spiritually and physically if I do more things I enjoy. And I enjoy working on Darling Dear (both shop & blog). Tuesdays and Thursdays are my blog & shop business days and they have rapidly become my favorite days of the week. I plan and doodle and work on commissions and the blog. & That's fun to me. It's one of those things that while taking up time, doesn't zap my energy. It feeds my energy, if that makes sense. I know I'm starting to sound hippy-dippy here, folks, but I don't know how else to explain it, hah. It's a hobby of mine and one that helps me thrive & replenish my creative energy. 
So yes, It's Paper Dear is closing down, but I'm excited to say that I'll be working on lots of new fun things for us to do together. I have e-courses and e-books in the planning stages, as well some awesome goodies like classes & events hosted here in Nashville. I also plan on making more goodies for the shop & working more with other bloggers and artists to bring some surprises to you guys. So I hope that, while It's Paper Dear is sad, we can bounce back and have even more fun together. 
Make sense? Any one else feeling this amount of stress and in need of a break & a recharge? No way I can be the only one. & Do you have anything in particular you'd like to see in some e-courses or what-have-you's from Darling Dear? Are you excited about the new ideas? 
Hope you are well, dear ones, xo. 
---
EDIT: Also, please feel free to email me if you have any questions about your subscription or It's Paper Dear, etc. ziecampbell at gmail dot com. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the lovely things that you are dreaming up Zie!!

    PS I love your little blog makeover!! Your header illustration is TOO CUTE!! (Seriously: I adore all your illustrations Miss!!) There is just one teeny tiny thing: I don't know if it is just my computer...but the photo is going under your sidebar buttons...like maybe the sidebar + your blog post space are too close together? Maybe it's just my computer, but I just wanted to let you know!! :D Have a wonderful day Zie darling!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to see It's Paper Dear go! Though I wasn't able to subscribe to as many monthly boxes as I wanted to, I loved, loved, loved the contents you selected! I'm a terrible crafter (I never want to part with any of my papers and supplies until I've got a really great project lined up!) but still have some bits and bobs left for when I do 30 Days of Lists and get back on my Project Life work. Whatever negativity you encountered, know that you put together such a beautiful labor of love, creativity, and hard work and I loved it!

    It comes time to move on from everything at one time or another, and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making that decision. I am also unthrilled to see it go (and sad that I wasn't able to place an order - because I am a filthy procrastinator with a horrible memory and a finicky bank account). This is a huge, difficult decision and you're making it for yourself and that is absolutely awesome.

    Best of luck with everything, lady. :) And I love that you have a hobby that energizes you. Super awesome...and important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad that you had to let It's Paper Dear go, but it sounds like it was the best decision. It shouldn't be that stressful and it's good that you take care of yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie