Monday, November 25, 2013

Inspiration: Santa, Good News & Mermaids

This weekend was quite an extreme one. We went from rushing back home as the doctors said my great grandmother wasn't going to make it & being in the ICU to bouncing back ( a bit, she's not 100% yet). Then to my parent's house and attempting to relax just a bit.
My mom has been working on a huge holiday update and so she had all of these beautiful goodies everywhere & I think between the good news from grandma to the visual stimulation, my brain exploded with ideas :)
She's always had tons of vintage goodies, but this year she had some kitschier goodies that I just love! I mean, look at that Santa! I'd love to put him on a bright blue or baby pink background & have him framed :3
But so what did I do with that inspiration? Make mermaids, of course! I actually have quite a few other goodies in the works, but I'll save that for later ;) 
I'm having so much fun with these babes & I can't wait to keep painting! It has been far too long since I painted and now I cannot remember why I ever stopped. So much fun. 
& Of course, I had to toss in Napoleon :) I love that little stinker. He's just so cute it hurts sometimes.
But what did you do this weekend? What's inspiring you lately & what are you making? xo

2 comments:

  1. I hope that your great-grandmother makes a full recovery!! Sending get well wishes her way!!
    I LOVE all these holiday decorations!! I can't wait to start decorating!!
    I 100% think that you need to make that mermaid fish + the mermaid holding the candy cane into holiday cards to sell in your shop! I bet they would sell like hot cakes!! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your great grandmother! I hope she makes a full recovery!!
    I finally started putting things in the smashbook that's been sitting empty on my shelf for a very long time. So far it's mostly stuff I've gotten from pen pals, so it feels good to get that stuff out of their envelopes and into something creative!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie