Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mermaids are the best

I've had a rough week already & it's about to get a bit worse. So of course, I spent yesterday stress & comfort eating and then a bit of retail therapy. And then today, I've spent the morning looking at mermaids, because duh. Mermaids are the best. So I'd like to share some Mermaid-inspired lists with you guys today in hopes that mermaids brighten up all of our week! 
Mermaid films: (a few of the better ones) + Queen of the Sea (1918), Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid (1948), Hook (1991), Peter Pan (1953), Peter Pan (2003), The Little Mermaid (1989).
Mermaid stories: +Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Mermaid" + Oscar Wilde's "The Fisherman and his Soul" + H.P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth"
Mermaid mixes: + What a Wicked Game + Mermaids + Penny the Mermaid
Are you a mermaid? +You like taking long baths or showers. +You take care of your hair & take pride in it. + You love going to the beach or ocean or swimming in general. +You like pink, blue, green, or gold. + Sequins and glitter are holy to you. +Your thighs touch. 
(If 3 or more of these are true for you, you're probably a mermaid. YAY!) 
Some mermaid names: (girl names) +Cordelia, sea jewel + Marina, sea maiden + Meredith, protector of the sea + Nerin, one from the sea + Nerissa, daughter of the sea 
(boy names) + Ervin, friend of the sea + Irvin, lover of the sea + Merrick, ruler of the sea + Morven, child of the sea + Zale, sea strength
Find your own mermaid name: + quiz + mermaid baby names + rum and monkey 
Are you feeling better now? Because I know I am. I've come to the conclusion that I'm for sure a mermaid & that mermaids are the best. :) But what about you? What's your favorite mermaid film, story or song? And did you end up being a mermaid too? :3
And for good measure, just to make sure everyone is FOR SURE happier when they leave this blog post, here's Captain Hook from Once Upon A Time, also my boyfriend <3 Go forth and be happy! 

3 comments:

  1. This gal on etsy makes really cute tattooed mermaids for your wall. You might like them. :)
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/queenpindeluxe/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav
    And I am not sure that I am a mermaid, but I definitely love glitter and sequins.
    Things will be better soon. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the mermaids!!! eeep!! And Hook is so dashing!! *swoon* I can't wait for Sunday nights newest episode of Once Upon a Time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me or did anyone else not see this weeks twist happening. I was totally blown away about pan.

    best,
    Chrissy of crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie