Thursday, December 19, 2013

What are you thankful for?

I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky and blessed I am. I have had so many wonderful things and people and moments in my life. And I wanted to take a few minutes to honor that, especially with the holidays on us & this one being especially rough for my family. 
This is the most beautiful and wonderful woman that has ever walked the earth. Her name is Kathleen Turpin, she answered the phone "yellow" and always gave the best hugs. I'm so very blessed and happy that I got to know my great-grandmother for 22 years. Especially when I know so many who have never met or aren't close to their grandparents. I wish you all had been able to know her, but then again, I'm selfishly glad to know she was mine. And now, she's headed up to be the brightest and most perfect star in the sky and I can't wait to see her smile every night.
I'm also extremely thankful for how wonderful my family is. They're so supportive and have always encouraged me to tackle my dreams. They have the best sassy sense of humor ever & we are all extremely close. 
I'm thankful for all of my wonderful friends and all the special people in my life who make everything easier and joyous. I'm thankful for the possibility and the situation I find myself in to go to school for design and illustration, and even more thankful to be able to already be starting off my life doing exactly what I want to do. 
I'm thankful for every one of my readers and all of you who I've connected with and who have made any of this possible. I'm thankful for His Highness Napoleon, the sass-hole. 
I'm thankful for glitter, giggles & all things silly and fun. :) What are you thankful for today? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss :( Praying for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that your great-grandmother is no longer with you in person - but she will be with you forever in spirit!! And I lovelove the way you described it: 'she's headed up to be brightest and most perfect star in the sky' That is so beautiful Zie!!! It makes me all warm and fuzzy. :) and I love your thankful list!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie