Monday, January 13, 2014

Digital Project Life 2014: Week One; & Meet Zie!

Hello there, darlings! I have two things I'd like to share today! First, being that I've decided to try and tackle Project Life, but digitally. :3 This is my first spread & it's silly and I quite like it. The blurred out bits are a couple little private things that I'd like to keep just for me, hehe. I can't wait to see how this goes! I've got a couple weeks to catch up on, but I'm pumped. Let's DO THIS. 
Second:
In the last few months, Darling Dear has seen quite a growth in readers & friends, which is so exciting! But it's brought something to my attention... Once again, we've reached a point where I feel it's important to do a reintroduction (if you've been here a while, you'll remember one in 2011) of myself & this blog for new readers so we can all play and be the best of friends. 
My name is Zie (pronounced like the last letter of the alphabet) Campbell. I'm 22 years old. I am a kitty-cat mommy of His Royal Highness Princess Napoleon Bonaparte. He's not quite a year old and the stinkeriest stinker of them all. He's all sass and cuddles, just like his mommy <3 I'm the daughter of a nerdy guy & this lady. I'm pretty fond of my entire huge family. xo 
There are three things I love more than anything: Doctor Who, Aliens, & Glitter. I have my celebrity boyfriend, Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time & then real life fella, Bryan Edward. 
I draw things. I drive a bright blue Honda Fit. He's my butler & his name is Charles.  All food should be deep fried and covered in cheese. I'm pretty fond of the kawaii & kitschy nonsense, especially in the form of stationery. 
& I'm so excited to meet all of you. I'd love for you to introduce yourself! So what's your name? Where are you from? What do you do? And three random facts about you? :D  I'm pleased to meet you & I hope you stick around and have some fun with me on this little slice of blogland, xo. 

12 comments:

  1. Hey Zie! I just found your blog through Twitter. I'm doing Project Life too! It's my 3rd year… still obsessed with it. I'm writing from Austin, TX. I just moved here from Chicago in October and just starting to get the urge to say "y'all." I am a graphic designer by day but really want to be a professional hand-letter-er. Let's see, three random things.. Hmmm… 1. I like to eat things in even numbers. 2. I love to sing but have the worst voice ever. My husband is a saint on road trips. 3. Flannel + neon is my favorite fashion combination right now. It works, I swear.

    Excited to follow along with your PL and everything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I miss Chicago, haven't been in years xo and you eat in evens? I love it!

      Delete
  2. I love that little spread - what program did you use to put it together?
    I'm Chelsea, I'm from Shropshire in the UK and my 3 random facts are ; I have a paper fetish, I can pick things up with my feet and my hair length from root to tip measure 48 inches! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used pic monkey because it's super easy. I'm writing a class now that goes into that process as well as others xo & wow! That's long!

      Delete
  3. So nice to get to know you better, Zie! I'm so happy to have discovered your blog. My name is Katie and I currently live in Greensboro, NC. I'm from St. Louis, MO and I got to North Carolina via Chicago. I love gold, stripes and glitter! It should be obvious from my blog, Twin Stripe. :) You can't be a good burger and fries. I'm craft beer obsessed. My husband and I have a beer fridge in our office! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zie, I love this layout and your reintroduction. I've been thinking about starting Project Life myself, but I think I need to look more into this to get a better understanding of how this works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darling! And I'd say just go for it!

      Delete
  5. Just recently started reading your blog, so thanks for doing something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's exactly what I had in mind xo welcome to Darling Dear!

      Delete
  6. Digital Project Life, why haven't I thought of that? You're genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! I think other people do it too but it's just something I find easier. Digital scrapbooking, collaging and project life bits digitally is kinda my thing lately. I'm even writing a class on it haha xo

      Delete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie