Friday, January 17, 2014

What I Wore: Back to School, Featuring Joules Rainboots!

Hello, darlings! Yesterday was back to school & as always, I try and snaz up a bit. & Since it's been a bit dreary here in Nashville lately, I really wanted to have a bit of a pop to stand out. Especially when, as it turns out, my entire school was dressed quite drab yesterday, heh. All dark colors, no patterns, frowns, etc. The poor dears. So I'm quite pleased that I bounced through the place with a little lemon. 
 However, I'm even more excited about my new boots. YOU GUYS. Just look at them! *swooning all over the dang place*
 Recently, I was asked if I would be interested in doing a review of Joules, as they are celebrating their launch for American customers. I absolutely, absolutely fell in love with these beauties when I saw them. Normally, I wear about a 9-9.5 US in women's, so they sent me over a size 10 US just to make sure I could wear really thick sockies if I'd like, (which, of course, I like! hehe).
But I was nervous. I'm a plus-size gal, and with that comes thick legs. Which, presents a problem with boots. But they fit beautifully! For anyone with a smaller leg, it'll be a loose fit, I think, because it fits perfectly to my leg. However, that just could be how awesome these boots are no matter what size.
Like I said it's been rainy and icky out the last little bit here in Nashville and I have now jumped through 23 puddles without a single drop getting to my toesies! & They are helping fight off the cold, too! I've worn them all week and they are just so comfy. I don't know that I'll ever stop wearing them. Yeah, yeah. We get it, Zie. You like the boots. BUT YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND, I LOVE THESE SO MUCH.
 They come in two different colors: these fabulous black and golden ones & then the red and blue beauties. I'm just so happy & would recommend Joules to anyone. The quality & wearability of these babies is totally worth it. Thanks, Joules!
As for the rest of the outfit, the skirt, leggings and undershirt (you can't tell but it's white with little baby polkadots) are all from Target! (Of course, heh.) & The yellow top was thrifted xo

Not too bad for a back to school outfit, eh? What do you guys think? What's your current favorite item in your closet? xo

13 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest rainboots! Love your outfit. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit! Those boots look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so amazing Zie!! I love the little pops of yellow and these shoes!! eeep!! I love the little bow on the back!! You must have been a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day at school!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're adorable! Love this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg those are so cute! :o I love the bows--obviously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Verrry cute boots! I think I need those in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh.. Those boots! Just too cute. And I loooove your shop and illustrations!!

    xo
    Amy
    http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those boots are gorgeous and I love your sunshiney outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Love the whole outfit!! Joules actually just sent me a pair of the same ones and I cannot wait to wear them and take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have large calves too and i find it IMPOSSIBLE to find a great fitting boot..they come by once every ten years or so. They look great on you, and beacuse of your review, I am going to buy a pair for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have large calves too and i find it IMPOSSIBLE to find a great fitting boot..they come by once every ten years or so. They look great on you, and beacuse of your review, I am going to buy a pair for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie