Monday, February 17, 2014

15 things to help you take the day off

Taking a day off is hard. Especially if you're anything like me. I have weekends free from work-work & classes, but most of the time, my weekends are still just as busy as my week days. Keeping up with my home, grocery shopping, cooking for the week, business & homework. & I've been doing this for years. 
So of course, it's no surprise that sometimes I really don't know how to take a day off. Or even if I finish up all my projects for a day, instead of just taking the rest of the day or evening, I find a way to push in more things & use every moment I can. But I think we can all agree that this might not be the healthiest way to live. & based on this twitter convo, I'm not the only one who struggles with this. 
So with that in mind, I made a list of things to do (or not do heh) when you have a day off or you finish up your tasks. 

A whole day: 
+ go to the park & have a picnic (when was the last time you spent time outside?)
+ read a book. a whole book, half a book, a few chapters or pages. Just read. 
+watch a whole season of something on Netflix or have a movie marathon 
+pamper yourself! go to the spa or make a spa day at home
+ go on an adventure 
+ head out to your local library and learn something new
A little extra time: 
+ do some yogo or blogilates 
+ go for ice cream or frozen yogurt or a coffee with a friend you haven't seen in a while 
+ again, read a book or catch up on your shows or movies
+ do a quick pamper! give yourself a mani or pedi or facial 
+ take a really long bath, listen to some music, candles, all the goodies! 
+ draw or paint or journal something 
+ go for a walk
+ write a letter or call your mother (or whoever) 
+ go for a long drive

& Those are just a few ideas! I'd love to make a really long list of resources and ideas for people who, like me, struggle with relaxing, so please share an idea or two below! I'd love to hear how you relax or, if you're like me, why you think it's so hard for us to do it! xo 

8 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas Zie!! You always have the most brilliant ideas for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm definitely going to use some things from this list when I need a little time off, being back at university is causing no end of stress so I definitely need to take some time to myself to relax x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot how easy it could be to make a day off, or even some free time, seem special. Thanks for this awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog & I must say it was love at first sight... / matilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what i'd give for a picnic right now! as soon as it's warm we'll have to take our mastermind sessions outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha such sweet tips! I want to go on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie