Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pamper Me Pretty! A few ways of relaxing and getting ready for the week

After another really rough week, I thought it was really important to do kind of a detox. I needed to relax & feel better to get ready for next week, which promises to be an even tougher week. And I'm sure many of you are gearing up for a similar week, so with that in mind, I've compiled my favorite ways to pamper myself pretty :)
I think the most wonderful way to start relaxing is a nice bath. Candles, music, good smells, bubbles, the whole bit. However, I know many of you hate baths and prefer showers. I totally understand. But either way you go about it, I think the products you use are the key part to relaxing. 
I just found these APOTHEKE:M goodies, one being a "Nourishing Body Cleanser" & the other, "Smoothing Body Scrub" both smell like coconut & jasmine and I am IN LOVE with the smell. I've only used these products once now, so I'll hold off on a real product review until I've used them more, but so far, I love them. 
I also finally invested in a nice sponge-loofa & I'm kicking myself for not doing it before. I absolutely loved how soft & wonderful it is. It really did wonders with the body scrub, too. 
So those are a couple goodies I used. But I still think even if you're taking a shower, you can dim the lights, have some candles & play music. The atmosphere is so perfect. 
 Next, take extra care of your skin. I washed my face before my bath, so the hot water wouldn't open my pores up into icky makeup. But after the bath, I used just warm water and a soft cloth, then put on this lavender and clay mask. This one is for "de-stressing and pampering your skin" so I thought that was exactly what I needed, hah.
I got all of these products at Target, & this brand is pretty cheap & comes in a bunch of different options, depending on what kind of skin you have and what you're looking for.
Then I used my Whole Body tea tree oil on a few blemishes & finished off with Olay's moisturizer.
 I also spent a good amount of time listening to podcasts that the lovely Jenna recommended to me. Mainly "Beyond the To-Do List" (which deals with successful professionals & their tips, practices & things like that. I LOVE this one.) & Seanwes Podcast (haven't listened to but one of these yet, but so far pretty good.)
I feel really inspired after exposure to other peoples' productivity & how they live their professional lives, hah. I know it's weird, but there it is. So I find it especially helpful when gearing up for a hard week. Gives me a sense of excitement about the week.
But I also have been listening to a lot of soothing sounds, like classical instrumentals, Enya & the likes. I just feel soothed after 30 minutes to an hour of her lovely voice.

& Of course yoga's always a wonderful way to detox & pamper your body and mind. I use Pinterest quite a bit to find poses to do but also, this site is amazing. I particularly like this video as it's super easy & almost lazy, hah. 
But these are just a few, easy, peasy ways to pamper yourself, relax & get ready for the week. Do you have a pamper routine? I'd love to hear about it & maybe try some of them myself! I'm just now really getting into beauty goodies (I blame too many Youtube videos these days hah) and can't wait to read what you guys do! xo 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to do all of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty bathtub shot. I wish I enjoyed a bath, but I never have.
    For me, I have found that when I am feeling very stressed or down playing around with paper and some of my pretty things makes me feel better. I guess I don't do a lot of beauty pampering..even though I love beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those masks are amazing! I've tried I think three different ones and I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie