Monday, April 7, 2014

Darling Dear, the lifestyle project.

   Hello, darlings! Today I'd like to chat with you about something I've been thinking about quite a bit lately. And when I say quite a bit, I mean most of my waking thoughts have been near or around this subject. 
   I'm 22 years old and I graduate college in December of this year (of thisss yearrrrr!!) and I'm having a bit of an identify shift. I won't say crisis because that's not it at all. I'm happy with who I am, what I do & everything that's happened thus far. However, with that being said, I'm so damn excited about where I'm going that I can't even think straight. 
   I'm constantly being reminded at every turn, from my family, friends, coworkers (really anyone I talk to about this) that I need to not wish my life away and stay in the now & just have fun and enjoy it. Which, I am. As much as I can anyway. (Of course, there are circumstances and small things that drive me batty. See: art history & web 3.) But even still, I can't help how excited I'm getting about the rest of my life. 
   Anyway, we are getting a tiny bit off track. But with this excitement, I've started noticing small changes in how I go about my day to day life. The short of it is: I'm maturing. At least a little. I want nicer things; I think more before I speak; I'm a little more conscious of every choice I make. I'm taking better care of myself mentally & physically. I started taking my vitamins, for goodness sake! (This has been a life long struggle, ask my mother.) There's obviously more to it, but this is all just slowly happening and I'm quite happy about it. 
   That's great, Zie, but why are we talking about it here, on the blog? Well, darlings, it's because Darling Dear is going to have a slight refocus as well. I'll still share most of the same stuff, we'll just be adding a few things & shifting here and there. 
   Because I'm still Zie, but I'm growing and as I grow, my blog grows. And right now, that's in a young professional, getting ready to launch a career, trying to figure out how to balance everything, trying to figure out who and what I am and what I want to do, and how to just generally learn how to be an adult, kind of way. 
   So Darling Dear, as a lifestyle blog is just getting a little bit of a make over. I'll be trying new things, keeping up with old things & just generally trying to have a blasty-blast. Which, of course, isn't complete without you. So let's rock n' roll together, yeah? 
What do you guys think? Anyone else going through a similar shift in their own life? xo 

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think I'm going through a similar thing at the moment, I'm about to finish my first year of university (and my first year of being away from home) and I think it's made a massive impact on the person I am. I quite like it, but at the same time I'm sitting here like "am I a grown up now?!?!".. Good luck with your future endeavours xo

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand Zie!!
    'I want nicer things; I think more before I speak; I'm a little more conscious of every choice I make.' YES!! i feel like you kind of just ripped this thought from my head!! :)
    ooo! and congrats on starting to take daily vitamins!! ugh! I'm horrible at remembering to take those!! :/
    I can't wait to see + read about your new goals, ambition + little life moments!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah me too, maybe because I'm getting my bachelor's this year! (and I slightly panick when I think I'm turning 23 this year, eeek) But can't wait to see what you do with the blog :) good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie