Monday, April 14, 2014

What I'm Working On: Clever, an editorial magazine

 Happy Monday, dear ones! Today I wanted to share something I've been working on in one of my design classes. We were tasked with making a cover, a contents page & 1-2 spreads for a magazine of our design/concept.
I decided I wanted to do a magazine talking about women and how fantastic we are. Especially all of the awesome things we can do & the behind the scenes of how we get to be that bad ass. Enter: CLEVER. Ideally, I'd actually love to make this a real magazine someday. I had such a blast working on it.
So much fun in fact, that I ended up making extra spreads, hehe. And next semester (my final semester of college!!!!!!!) we get to do a "hero" project that we completely flush out over the entire semester and really sink into. I'm heavily considering making the entire magazine. Which, if I do, I'd love to do a call for entries and try and make a little (big) zine of it! Get someone to help write articles, do interviews with some of you fabulous women out there & get some photographers involved. How awesome would that be? 
I was quite surprised at how much I really got into this project, though. Until this semester, the really editorial & print side of things didn't appeal to me much. Nor did working for an agency or a magazine or something similar. Now, those are some of the only things I can think about. Hah. Funny how things work out like that, huh? 
But anywho. That's what I've been working on lately and I'd love to hear what you think about it? I'd also love to see & know what you've been working on, darlings? 
Let's have a kick ass week, shall we? xo 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like that was a super fun project! I love your magazine idea & you put it together beautifully! Hope you get to actually make it happen next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic! i'd totally buy/read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is just amazing! I'm sure that if you'd go for it you'd be great. This is really really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie