Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's On My Desk: Chiaki Creates

PLEASE HELP ME WELCOME CHIAKI CREATES for today's "What's On My Desk" Guest post! She is an absolute doll & without further ado: 


Hello darlings! I'm Chiaki, not only a writer but also a textile designer, illustrator and maker based in London. I normally blog over on Chiaki Creates but today I'm giving you a peek of my desk here on the wonderful Darling Dear.


WHAT'S ON MY DESK: 
(Clockwise from left)
+Friendship tree in a washi tape decorated pot
+Sharpies in leaf cups+Washi tape in an old Ferrero Rocher box
+My good things jar
+Framed Blow-Up poster
+Peaches on colour wheel plate designed by Miller Goodman
+Diary covered in big dot oilcloth
+Orla Kiely notebook assigned for to-do lists
+Desk lamp with daylight bulb
+Berså teacup from the 60s designed by Stig Lindberg
+Apple tray
+Laptop
+Les Enfants Terribles by Jean Cocteau
+All the Madmen: Barrett, Bowie, Drake, the Floyd, The Kinks, The Who and the Journey to the Dark Side of English Rock by Clinton Heylin
+The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

Tidy desk, tidy mind. As you can probably tell from the photos, I'm very organized. My workspace is a happy, peaceful place in a room with three windows so there's always plenty of light. The blue cloud oilcloth table top is actually my makeshift textile printing table but I quite like how it looks so it stays on the desk for now.
I keep things that I use every day on my desk along with a few things that make me smile, like the Belgian poster for one of my all-time favourite films, Blow-Up from 1966.
There are always peaches on my desk because they're my favourite fruit so I eat loads of them when they're in season. Something else that's always on my desk is my good things jar. I've been using it for quite a while now and I cannot recommend it enough. It's such a lovely way to highlight all the nice things in life.
The leaf cups and the apple tray are from the Danish store Tiger and the vintage Berså teacup was bought in Sweden.

Thank you so much for having me, Zie! You are such a lovely woman and your blog is such a happy place. A visit to your blog never fails to make me smile.


Thank you, Chiaki! What a pretty space! What about you, darlings? What's on your desk lately? Are you as organized as Chiaki? Or are you a bit messier like me? ;) We'd love to hear all about it! 
And please make sure you take the time to stop over at her blog & say hi! I'll be guest posting over there soon :)  -Zie xo 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful workspace!! I love the colors and I'm completely smitten with that cup and saucer set!! This looks like the perfect spot to get creative in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful and organized your desk is! I tend to keep a very messy desk but I love when it is tidy. How does the good things jar work? Do you write happy things on pieces of paper and put them in the jar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the good things jar is just that; writing good things that happen on pieces of paper and sticking them in the jar. :)

      Delete
  3. Your desk is absolutely gorgeous! I feel a little bit jealous!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie