Friday, July 11, 2014

Crowned Jewels: be kind & live boisterously

"THREE THINGS IN HUMAN LIFE ARE IMPORTANT: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." Henry James had it pretty spot on, I think. There's nothing as wonderful as making others smile and smiling with them. This weekend, I want us to all to make every effort to being kind to ourselves & others. Give hugs, highfives, smiles. Read something with a happy ending; turn off the news; go for a walk. Drink good wine, eat heartily and laugh merrily. Live boisterously this weekend and make sure you share it with someone else. 
I plan on painting with boyfriend, going to a cookout & sleeping in every day. And watching an almost unhealthy amount of Will & Grace. How will you be kind this weekend? 
Zie  


APPS: 
Hi Future Self: I've already listed this one before but my goodness! More helpful then I thought! I use it every day now. 
Retale: Local discounts & coupons. 
Stash: Keep track of when your products are running out. Nifty.  



INTERESTING READS:
Blogging: Embracing rest in a culture of busy.
Happiness: How to be happy long term.
Health: Sleeping with your hair down & 19 other things that are bad for your skin.



WEEKEND PLAYLIST:

These ones have been stuck in my head all week. Especially "Bridges". xo

4 comments:

  1. I love that quote + this playlist is awesome!! She's So Mean is on repeat right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi future self looks neat! love the graphic you made up there :D enjoy Will & Grace, that show will never get old I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the article about skin. Most of it I knew from cosmetology school a million years ago, but there were a few things that I didn't and found very interesting.
    I'll be hanging out in the mountains with your Dad and grandparents this weekend, and we'll be roasting marshmallows and making smores, playing games, and just relaxing. Wish you were going to be joining us.
    Painting with B sounds fun though, and I can't wait to see the results.
    Love you lots!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, I am embarrassed how many times I have now listened to the Beyonce song. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie