Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Three Apps / Tabs for Being Productive

My Three Apps / Tabs for Being Productive

EVERY MORNING WHEN I OPEN MY COMPUTER, I OPEN THREE APPS. Just three tabs/apps that help me stay on top of my ever-growing to-do list and keep me organized and sane. What three tabs, you might ask? Gmail, Todoist & Sunrise.
My Three Apps / Tabs for Being Productive
Let's start with gmail, since it's probably the most straightforward. (Also can we appreciate how clean my inbox is for a moment? I cleaned it just for you, m'dears heh) Anyway, on a really, really good day, my inbox looks something like this. Pressing emails that need to be responded to immediately (or ones that just came in and have yet to be sorted, thank you Acompli). I have finally figured out a email filing system that really helps me figure out what's happening, what needs immediate attention and what can wait at any given moment of the day. This is a few years in the making, I'm a bit ashamed to say, so don't feel bad if you haven't figured your own system out yet! It'll happen!
My Three Apps / Tabs for Being Productive
Next, Todoist. I've mentioned this little gem before I believe, but I honestly cannot talk about it enough! I use it as a project management system and it's golden for things like that. I'm currently using the free version and haven't seen a reason why I would need to upgrade (cut costs where possible and all that!)
My favorite thing about it is that I can get really specific with my projects organization and then each task under each project can have its own due date. Which, is particularly lovely when looking at what needs to be done for today or in the next seven days. 

My Three Apps / Tabs for Being Productive

Last, but certainly not least, is Sunrise. There is a daily view of this, however, I find that I usually have the monthly up. It gives me a sense of things in the grand scheme of things. I keep all of my appointments, meetings, classes, work schedules, bills, etc. here. I could go on and on about this app and how wonderful it has been in my life (and maybe I will for a future post?) I simply don't think I could live without it anymore. 

And that's that! Those are the three tabs I have open at any given moment of the day. They're the first to open and the last to close and since I am particularly scatter-brained, these three are like my little team of productivity and focus that swoop in and save the day. I love, love, love them :) 
What do you use to keep yourself organized and on top of projects, emails and things to do? I'd love to hear all about your own system in the comments! xo 

6 comments:

  1. i think we have a similar system! i normally have gmail, evernote, and google calendar open. todoist looks beautiful and i've heard good things but i can't justify learning and trying a new system when i finally found one that works for me for now hahaha. lists and breaking goals down into doable tasks is the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to write to do lists all the time, as I have damage to my spinal cord and it effects my memory, so the to do list app is something I need to get! I've never heard of it but I think it will be much easier to keep on top of, not to mention the amount of paper I'm going to save! Thanks for the heads up!

    Hayley-Eszti
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todoist and Sunrise sound awesome. I'll have to try them. I use Evernote for everything - lists, storing documents, writing out essays, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mostly do to-do lists by hand, in my sketchbook or my Filofax. My Filofax keeps me organized during the school year, supplemented by extensive Google Calendar use. During the summer, I just use Google Calendar. Sometimes I put lists in the Wunderlist app, but I don't use it consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing and let us know about the tools and apps that you use literally for the productivity aspects in a practical manner to make the things go alright. I would like to introduce my favorite tool as well here which could be of some help to you as well as to the readers here with. Its the cloud based time tracking software from Replicon. The hassle free tool is all featured with the user friendly and calendar based interface which makes it an intuitive tool to work with. Being compatible to work with the android as well as the iOS versions, this tool helps me to utilize the time to the high level of interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo...
    I'm totally downloading the Sunrise app. I'm always looking for a better productive calendar app. I had the "Cal" app but this one seems wayyy better. Thanks for the suggestion / info / post.
    xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie