Monday, August 4, 2014

Be impulsive! Tattoo addition

 WE DID IT!  I said that mom & I were getting tattoos this weekend, and we actually did it. :) I've been wanting to add flowers to my soon-to-be quarter sleeve for years, and just hadn't done it yet. I'm one of those people who likes to plan out details for ages (see: years) but then, very suddenly, become super impulsive. I now have three tattoos and every single one of them ended up being decided day of or day before.  The raven was done for free on Halloween a couple years ago.  & The bee on my other arm (not shown here) I drew 10 minutes before I got the thing and this one was decided on Friday, got on Saturday. Impulsive tattoos for the win ;)
It took 3 - 4 hours and ended up being my most painful tattoo, easily. The work around the raven was fine, easy almost, in comparison with the shoulder and chest bits. By the end, I was crabby and in quite a bit of pain, however I'd do it again. Totally worth it. My parent's were with me & mom got her first tattoo in 23 years, while dad got a quote and help planning his first ever tattoo. I love that this is something that my family shares together, especially as I know so many who are like "my mom would kill me", hah.
But after we finally got done, my parents took me out for tapas, sushi and a much-needed drink. It was a lovely evening and I can't wait to share more photos once it's completely better :)
What about you, darlings? Have you gotten any tattoos? Is there anything you're impulsive about? I'd love to hear all about it and what you think of my new tattoo! xo 

10 comments:

  1. i havent gotten a tattoo but im planning on it, i the idea already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!! it's so pretty zie!!! i really really reallllllllly want a tattoo but i'm not 100% sure what i want!
    my mum is the same way - she wants a tattoo too and she would def. be with me while i get mine! :) your parents are amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the flowers are so beautiful! I've always wanted a tattoo and I will eventually get my family motto somewhere. The perks of being Scottish and having a family crest! I'm such a control freak though I just know I need to go and seriously scout out the right artist to tattoo me. One day!

    Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i don't even have the courage to have one little one. hehe. but i swear i want to get a tattoo. have a blessed week :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, koodos to your impulsiveness! I have three tattoos currently, all of which I planned for years before getting. The most impulsive I get with permanent changes is placement. The shortest time I'd thought about one before getting it was 3 months.
    They look great! You make great last minute decisions!
    <3 Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love this! It turned out super pretty. I have one tattoo only but it's pretty large! It's a giant bunny in a frame on my thigh. I actually did a blog post about it here - www.xomia.com/2014/07/rabbit-heart.html

    Mine ended up being somewhat spontaneous as well - my tattoo artist usually books 3+ months out, but wound up having a cancellation the very next day, so I got it a lot quicker than expected!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any tattoos but yours looks really good :D

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out really nicely. I love the way the raven fits in so well with the rest. It's so seamless.

    I have two tattoos right now, and I actually have an appointment to get my third next week. It's always exciting to get something new, and I'm trying not to spend my whole paycheck on the deposit for another appointment after this one coming up. (I must pace myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES your mom is so cool! Mother daughter tattoo date - could it get any better than that? I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie