Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Two Favorite Apps for Productivity Did a Thing!


THE BEST THING EVER HAS HAPPENED! Yes, I'm serious. No, this is not an exaggeration. So you remember back in July when we talked about my three apps I use to be ultra productive? Well that hasn't changed at all. What has changed is my two favorites, Todoist & Sunrise, have made a baby!
Right after I shared that post, Sunrise contacted me letting me know that they were excited to announce that soon there would be a collaboration with Todoist. Which, of course got me so pumped. But I thought maybe they meant in the next year or so. Nope. They did it already. BAM.
For those of you still not sure what I'm talking about or why I'm so excited, let's take a closer look:

I use Todoist as a project managing system. At any given one time, I'm working on upwards of 10 projects big and small, so there's no way I can remember what needs to be done when without it. Todoist by itself is an amazing tool, but sometimes, I really just want to look at all my projects in a calendar view just to get a real sense of my time. And so I can make sure that I'm caught up in Senior Portfolio, Design 4 & my internship requirements, hah. 
Which is where this update comes in. See those grey boxes? They're tasks from different projects in my Sunrise calendar. Which is amazing. & As I mark things done on Todoist, they show up with a little check in Sunrise. WUT. <3
And if I don't want to open Todoist (say I'm on the go and just have a quick second to see what's due tomorrow) I can just open Sunrise, click on the grey box and a more detailed to-do pops up. They both have made it super easy to switch back and forth and keep the transition of projects pretty much just pure gold. 
All you have to do to get the apps to link is log into Sunrise and "add a calendar" on the side. Link up your Todoist & you're done! Super easy. I'm still not sure how to get the to-do's to not be grey, so if you figure that out, let me know! xx 
Either way, I couldn't be happier with this update and I can't wait to streamline my productivity even more! Have you used either of these apps? What do you think? 


Main image source

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this looks fantastic! I am still using a pen and paper planner - I'd love to switch to something like this though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie