|Blanket to keep warm with c/o Hey Baby Craft Co.|
We've talked in length about my love for "Halloween" movies, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Awakening, The Woman in Black, Ghostbusters, Prometheus, etc. and how I think staying in for Halloween is just a golden idea. But this is one of those date-nights that don't have to be just for the big day. I recommend at least twice a month from now until Thanksgiving, cuddling up on a floor pallet or in a fort, putting something scary on and enjoying each other's company.
1. make sure you have enough blankets & pillows, you don't want your bum to go to sleep because you've been sitting on the hard floor.
2. make sure all the lights are off in the entire house / apartment; it makes for a more intense mood.
3. junk food dat shiz up, yo. Candy is already on sale & currently cheaper since we've got a minute until Halloween. So stock up!
|me & boyfriend being cute on our adventure // apples|
Go outside! The beautiful season changing is one of the best parts of fall. Gold, red & yellow leaves, warm spices, scarves and boots. Yes.
But what to do outside? If you have a zoo close enough for a day trip, go! Pack a picnic, grab a camera, and enjoy! No zoo? What about a museum?
Or what about an apple orchard? Pop over, spend the day exploring and picking and then go home and bake a pie together. (Then maybe have a snuggle & scare!)
But if nothing else, just go outside! Go on walks through downtown, find a park, just have fun!
1. bring your own thermos of pumpkin lattes or chai tea. It's a lot cheaper, and you can always use the tea/coffee prep as a pre-date-date.
2. bring a camera so you can document the day. & Maybe even use another date to make a collage or art piece with those photos!
3. bring a jar or a bag to put fun things you find in. Collect cool rocks, leaves, bugs, or if you're at the zoo: those pennies that you put in the machine to flatten them out with a new animal-themed coin!