Thursday, October 9, 2014

Three Tips to Starting Any Business








I’ve been in business for the last few years and I constantly get questions about starting, running & maintaining a business, especially while in school. (Sounds like a series starting to develop hm...)

I think that everyone starts a bit differently. But there’s one thing that’s always the same: they start.
If you’re thinking of starting a business, I have three bits of advice right off the top.

WRITE ALL OF YOUR IDEAS DOWN// I recommend a journal dedicated solely to business. Write your goals, no matter how big or how small. Abstract or concrete. I would just make sure you take that journal everywhere with you and write down everything. You have no idea when inspiration will hit you. And even if your goals or ideas aren’t tangible right this minute, they’ll come in handy later. 
FIND A SUPPORT GROUP// This one sounds a little ominous. But what people don’t realize is business can be really freaking hard. You’ll have days where it doesn’t feel worth it & then you’ll have days where you are on top of the world with excitement and promise and possibility. And you’ll need someone or multiple someones who can help you through & celebrate both. 
I personally have a very large support group, but my mother is my biggest supporter. I have cried with her, bounced ideas with her & squealed with her. I couldn’t do any of it without her. Support is the most important thing to starting and running a business. 
START // Just do it. Don’t fall down with excuses of why today’s not the perfect day to start. I don’t care if you don’t have this special technology thing that would make it just perfect or if you don’t have the space or if you need to get a little more know-how or any of that crap. It’s all crap & you know it. Don’t waste your chances & your passion on tomorrow’s crap. 
Today is the perfect day to begin.  
So go, bebes. Be business babes & take over the world. And while you're here, share a few of your dreams with us! I'd love to compile them for a future post! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I need that mug to get me motivated! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I just found your blog, and this post is so encouraging. I just started my own stationery company (and quit my mentally and emotionally exhausting full-time job to do it.) I feel like a crazy person most of the time, and I'm regularly terrified of the "what-ifs," but my friends and family have been so encouraging so far. I guess if I have any dreams, it's to spend even less time worrying, and more time just doing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! And thank you for commenting. I read every comment, and they mean the world to me! But if you have a question, please leave an email for me to reach you at, if possible. Or you may find it a bit quicker to reach me directly by email (ziecampbell@gmail.com) or by twitter (@ziedarling).
Have a darling day!
-Zie